Castle Creations SideWinder 3Sport 1:10 Sensorless WP ESC
Original price $79.95 - Original price $79.95
$79.95 - $79.95
Current price $79.95
Embrace the Water with Confidence!
The Sidewinder 3 is the ideal waterproof brushless ESC for 1:10 scale off-road, on-road, and rock crawlers capable of handling up to 3S LiPo** power.
- Suitable for 2s - 3s LiPo or 6 - 8 cell NiMH applications in vehicles weighing up to 5 lbs, including batteries, in a ready-to-run setup.
- Supports sensorless brushless motors (540 or 36mm) and brushed motors (down to 19T).
- Designed to be waterproof for worry-free operation.
- Equipped with a 5.0 volts fixed, 2 amps Peak BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit).
- Convenient transmitter programming allows for adjustments to six common settings.
- Advanced settings and software updates can be accessed through the Castle Link software and USB adapter (available separately), a Field Link Card (available separately), or the Castle Link iOS App with a B-LINK Bluetooth Adapter (available separately).
- Sidewinder 3 ESC
- User Guide and Quick Start Guide
- Gearing Chart for Castle Motors
- Castle decals
|Input Voltage Range:||2s - 3s LiPo; 6 - 8 cell NiMH|
|BEC Specifications:||5.0 volts fixed, 2 amps.
|Operating Environment:||Waterproof design allows for use in nearly any environment, however, the ESC is not intended for operation while submerged in liquid. If unit is operated in wet conditions, rinse with fresh water to remove dirt or corrosives, then fully dry unit.
|Reversible:||Yes, but may be disabled for racing.|
|Cooling Fan:||Available, but not included. Click here to view.
|Size:||L: 1.93" (49mm)
W: 1.48" (38mm)
H: 0.79" (20mm)
|Weight (w/wires):||ESC: 1.96 oz. (55.5 g)|
|Connectors:||4mm female bullets for motor connection.|
|Items Needed for Operation:||Compatible brushed or brushless motor. Battery Connector required; Castle 4mm polarized connectors, Dean's Ultra Plug, or Traxxas Power Connector recommended.|
|Product Use Statements:||Although Sidewinder 3 is waterproof, it is not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. They can corrode when exposed to corrosive materials, such as salt water. Always rinse the ESC with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the controller may be waterproof, we suggest users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servos, radio and chassis are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.|
|Application Guidelines:||Intended for 2WD short course trucks running on 2s LiPo (5700kv or lower) and weighing up to 5 lbs; for 4WD short course trucks please use the Sidewinder SCT , Mamba Max Pro SCT or Mamba X ESC.
Great for sport setups on any 2WD Stadium Trucks, Buggies and On-Road Touring cars. Makes a great brushed ESC for rock crawling using a 35T - 55 turn motor.
Please see our 1/10th scale gearing chart for recommend motor, battery and gearing combinations.
|Recommended Motors:||1406 4600Kv: Max Cells: 3S Lipo or 8 NiMH (2s only for 2WD short course trucks)
1406 5700Kv: Max Cells: 3S Lipo or 8 NiMH (2s only for 2WD short course trucks)
1406 6900Kv: Max Cells: 2S Lipo or 7 NiMH
1406 7700Kv: Max Cells: 2S Lipo or 7 NiMH
|Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight:||Depends on motor selection, no more than 5lbs for higher kv motors.
|Programmability:||Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (sold separately) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software or the Castle Link iOS App and a B-LINK Bluetooth Adapter.
|Telemetry Link Capable:||No|
|Tech Notes:||Monitor motor temperatures closely; overheating a motor will cause permanent damage to the magnets. Never exceed 180° F on the the motor or ESC.|